The PL-300 Power BI Data Analyst Microsoft certification course is designed for professionals who want to improve their skills in creating data visualizations and dashboards with Microsoft Power BI. It provides with a comprehensive overview of Power BI and its data analysis capabilities such as data modelling, data preparation, creating visualizations and reports, and deploying and managing Power BI solutions.
Students will also learn about Power BI data sources, how to connect to them, and how to transform and clean data using Power Query. They will also learn how to use Power BI to analyze data using advanced analytical techniques such as DAX and data mining. After completing the course, participants will be able to design, develop, and manage Power BI solutions.
Who should get certified:
This module examines the various roles in the data space, outlines the important roles and responsibilities of a Data Analyst, and then examines the Power BI portfolio landscape.
- Data analytics and Microsoft
- Getting started with Power BI
- Lab: getting started in Power BI desktop
- Getting started
This module investigates data identification and retrieval from various data sources. You will also learn about connectivity and data storage options, as well as the differences and performance implications of connecting to data directly vs. importing it.
- Get data from various data sources
- Lab: preparing data in Power BI desktop
- Prepare Data
This module teaches you the process of profiling and understanding the
condition of the data. They will learn how to identify anomalies, look at the size and shape of their data, and perform the proper data cleaning and transforming steps to prepare the data for loading into the model.
- Data shaping
- Enhance the data structure
- Data profiling
- Lab: transforming and loading data in Power BI desktop
- Loading data
This module teaches the fundamental concepts of designing and developing a
data model for proper performance and scalability. This module will also help you understand and tackle many of the common data modeling issues,
- Introduction to data modelling
- Working with tables
- Dimensions and hierarchies
- Lab: data modeling in Power BI desktop
- Create model relationships
- Configure tables
- Review the model interface
- Create quick measures
- Lab: advanced data modeling in Power BI desktop
- Configure many-to-many relationships
- Enforce row-level security
This module introduces you to the world of DAX and its true power for enhancing a model. You will learn about aggregations and the concepts of measures, calculated columns and tables, and Time Intelligence functions to solve calculation and data analysis problems.
- Introduction to DAX
- DAX context
- Advanced DAX
- Lab: advanced DAX in Power BI desktop
- Use the CALCULATE() function to manipulate filter context
- Use Time Intelligence functions
- Lab: introduction to DAX in Power BI Desktop
- Create calculated tables
- Create calculated columns
- Create measures
In this module you are introduced to steps, processes, concepts, and data modeling best practices necessary to optimize a data model for enterprise-level performance.
- Optimize the model for performance
- Optimize Direct Query models
- Create and manage aggregations
This module introduces you to the fundamental concepts and principles of designing and building a report, including selecting the correct visuals, designing a page layout and applying basic but critical functionality. The important topic of designing for accessibility is also covered.
- Design a report
- Enhance the report
- Lab: designing a report in Power BI desktop
- Create a live connection in Power BI desktop
- Design a report
- Configure visual fields and format properties
- Lab: enhancing reports with interaction and formatting in Power BI
- Create and configure Sync Slicers
- Create a drill through page
- Apply conditional formatting
- Create and use Bookmarks
In this module you will learn how to tell a compelling story through the use of dashboards and the different navigation tools available to provide navigation. You will be introduced to features and functionality and how to enhance dashboards for usability and insights.
- Create a dashboard
- Real-time dashboards
- Enhance a dashboard
- Lab: creating a dashboard in Power BI service
- Create a dashboard
- Pin visuals to a dashboard
- Configure a dashboard tile alert
- Use Q&A to create a dashboard tile
This module will teach you about paginated reports, including what they are and how they fit into Power BI. You will then learn how to build and publish a report.
- Paginated report overview
- Create paginated reports
- Lab: creating a paginated report in Power BI desktop
- Use Power BI report builder
- Design a multi-page report layout
- Define a data course
- Define a dataset
- Create a report parameter
- Export a report to PDF
This module helps you apply additional features to enhance the report for analytical insights in the data, equipping you with the steps to use the report for actual data analysis. You will also perform advanced analytics using AI visuals on the report for even deeper and meaningful data insights.
- Advanced analytics
- Data insights through AI visuals
- Lab: Data analysis in Power BI desktop
- Create animated scatter charts
- Use the visual to forecast values
- Work with Decomposition Tree visual
- Work with the Key Influencers visual
In this module you will learn the concepts of managing Power BI assets, including datasets and workspaces. You will also publish datasets to the Power BI service, then refresh and secure them.
- Security in Power BI
This module will introduce you to Workspaces, including how to create and manage them. You will also learn how to share content, including reports and dashboards, and then learn how to distribute an App.
- Creating Workspaces
- Sharing and managing assets
- Lab: publishing and sharing Power BI content
- Map security principals to dataset roles
- Share a dashboard
- Publish an App
By upskilling your employees in Power BI Data Analyst training, you can:
HRD Corp Claimable
We are proud to be an authorized training provider of HRD Corp (Human Resources Development Corporation). Our certification training programs are eligible for funding under SBL-Khas Scheme.
HRD Corp provides training and upskilling opportunities for Malaysian employees who are:
- Malaysian citizens or permanent residents
- Employed in a company that contributes to HRD Corp (employer with 10 or more Malaysian employees, or employers from specific sectors)
- Registered with the HRD Corp portal and have an activated account
- Have not attended the same training program within the last 12 months
- Meet the specific requirements for the training program, such as qualifications, skills, or job-specific criteria.
Our dedicated team will help you every step of the way, from claim application to completion. Invest in your employees’ professional growth and development by enrolling them in our training today!
Obtaining PL-300 Power BI Data Analyst certification can demonstrate to potential employers that you have a thorough understanding of the Power BI platform and can use it effectively to gather, analyze, and present data-driven insights. It can also provide a clear path for career advancement and help you stand out from other candidates in a competitive job market.
What fundamental knowledge and skills must I have prior to enrolling in PL-300 Power BI Data Analyst?
It is recommended that you have a basic understanding of data analysis concepts such as data modelling, data visualization, and data interpretation. Microsoft Excel proficiency is also required, as Power BI integrates with Excel to create data models and visuals, as well as basic programming knowledge, particularly in the DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) language. Furthermore, a solid understanding of business concepts and processes can assist in contextualizing data analysis results in a meaningful way for the organization.
To enrol in a PL-300 Power BI Data Analyst course, you must have access to Microsoft Power BI software. This is available for free from the Microsoft website. You may also need to prepare and import data into Power BI using other software programmes such as Microsoft Excel or SQL Server Management Studio.
HRD Corp Claimable Course is a dedicated programme that provides funding and support to registered employers for employee retraining and upskilling in accordance with operational and business requirements.
To apply for this course under the HRD Corp programme, please fill out the form above, and our personnel will contact you personally.
To make a claim, your company must first be registered with HRD Corp and have contributed. After the training is completed, your company must submit a claim form to HRD Corp along with supporting documentation. There is no need to pay anything up front. HRD Corp will then process the claim and, if approved, reimburse you.
Our personnel will walk you through the entire claim application process from beginning to end.
Following your registration, our personnel will contact you to provide consultation, advice, and feedback. You can get in touch with the person in charge, or you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to help.