In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-401).
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring
foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities
- Manage data, application, and host security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.