Developing SQL Data Models
18th February 2019 - 22nd February 2019| RM3200
This course is aimed at database professionals who fulfil a Business Intelligence (BI) developer role. Students will learn to implement multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and at creating tabular semantic data models.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil BI Developer role to create enterprise BI solutions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Implementing multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Creating tabular semantic data models for analysis by using SQL Server Analysis Services
- The secondary audiences for this course are ‘power’ information workers/data analysts.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution
- Create a multidimensional database with analysis services
- Implement dimensions in a cube
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube
- Use MDX syntax
- Customize a cube
- Implement a tabular database
- Use DAX to query a tabular model
- Use data mining for predictive analysis